So a few days ago I decided to start a list. A list about me. I suck at describing myself for things and quite frankly, its interesting thinking about all the things that make me the person that I am. To see the things I sometimes do that may be odd to someone else but I ordinarily wouldn’t think twice about. I haven’t decided or sure whether I’ll continue yet, but I wanted to make sure I got at least 100 facts down. So here are 100 random facts about me.
1. If there is an empty seat in front of me at the movie theater, I am pretty much guaranteed to put my feet up on the arm rest at some point.
2. I love dressing up like it’s the 80’s — Flash dance style.
3. I have issues with my knees. In such that I will temporarily dislocate them fairly often and seemingly with little to no warning. I have no way of knowing how bad it’ll be either. Usually I’m good once I take a moment to catch my breath but there have also been times where it’s been so bad I couldn’t walk for about a week.
4. I have an obsession with the special features on DVDs. Seriously.
5. I have roleplayed online as Hermione Granger (3+ versions) and Luna Love good (2+ versions).
6. I am the fifth of six kids. My siblings are, in order from oldest to youngest: Michelle, Alex, Cindy, Nikki, and David.
7. I love blueberry waffles smothered in nutella, a midnight snack I created a couple years ago.
8. I have a fairly extensive collection of foreign language music, including Kyo, Alizee, Super Junior, Kent, and Basshunter.
9. My favorite flavor is Pina Colada. However I hate straight up coconut.
10. I love to read and write Fanfiction. (We won’t go into just how many I’ve written…)
11. I was born in Panama City, Florida. I moved to Montgomery, Alabama when I was about 2 or 3 years old. Then, my mom, my little brother and I moved to Woodstock, Georgia in the fall of 1998, to Marietta, Georgia in March 2003, back to Woodstock in September-ish 2005, and finally back to Marietta in July 2006.
12. My favorite color has been pink for as long as I can remember, but lately purple has been rising up the charts.
13. I wish to someday travel to France and/or London.
14. I wish I had a British accent.
15. I’m a band geek, but I don’t get around to practicing my flute too much as of late.
16. I love steak and ice cream.
17. I’m addicted to music. I even sleep with it whenever possible, wearing headphones sometimes if necessary.
18. I hate the feel and smell of playdough.
19. I’ve been to Panama City Beach during spring break, the Grand Canyon, the Oklahoma City National Memorial, BYU Provo campus, Ruby Falls, both of the Coke museums in Atlanta, the Hershey museum in Pennsylvania, Epcot in Disney World for my 12th birthday, and Nashua, New Hampshire for Christmas.
20. I know how to make a .gif.
21. I’ve only ever gone out with one person, and the relationship lasted a year and a half.
22. I hate cream cheese icing.
23. I used to play clarinet, but I went out of my way to teach myself the flute because I wanted it so bad.
24. I’m pretty sure I’m basically the only one with a good sense of direction in my family.
25. I wrote a research paper for my senior year lit class on Doctor Who.
26. I can be a clingy friend. I know that. And I feel annoying and intrusive a lot of the time because of it. But I’m afraid that if I don’t keep at it, I’ll lose people if I don’t try so hard. But I’m also afraid I may be pushing people away because of how I try to show how much I care.
27. I have big feet. Not ridiculously so, but enough that most shoes I like aren’t my size.
28. I have really thick hair…and a lot of it.
29. I’m ridiculously pale. I don’t’ tan, only get sunburned, and then, if you will, get even PALER. I’ve still yet to find anyone paler than me, and I know this as it’s very common for people to compare their arm with mine to see just how tan they are.
30. I don’t usually wear makeup. Partially because I’m not very good/knowledgeable with it, and partially because I usually just don’t think to wear any.
31. My eyesight is really pretty bad. Without my glasses I can only see clearly that which is only about 4 inches from my face.
32. I have a scar on my forehead from a night in 8th grade, when I somehow managed to slam my head on my windowsill in my sleep.
33. I am horrible at painting my nails. I’m ridiculously sloppy and I rarely get around to doing it at all.
34. I attended 3 or 4 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and 1 high school.
35. I once had a very strong Southern accent…and a “witch laugh”. My mother still jokes that they are a significant part of why we left Alabama.
36. Although a few of my siblings had it when they were little, I’m the only one in my family with naturally blonde hair.
37. I miss Blockbuster.
38. Remember Me was the first movie to make me cry. Followed shortly by the second half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
39. I can no longer watch Anne Hatheway without being constantly reminded of her extreme similarities and resemblance to my sister, Cindy.
40. I am oddly skilled at spotting doppelgangers. I really should start a list, as I know of about a dozen at least.
41. I am almost always cold. Yes, even occasionally in the height of summer. I blame poor circulation.
42. I don’t like most cheesecake. The only one I know I like is the turtle cheesecake from Publix, but I get tired of even that after only one tiny slice.
43. My family actually forgot me at church once. Like, they forgot I came with them so they went home the moment class let out.
44. I have very poor depth perception. I can’t guess measurements at all. Which, after a good 19 or 20 years of curiosity, I’ve decided on as my theory to explain my being so clumsy.
45. I don’t swear. I’ve only accidentally done so a total of 5-6 times. Ever.
46. The first time I got Sorted on Pottermore, I was absurdly Sorted into Slytherin. My heart genuinely stopped for a moment, I couldn’t hardly breathe, my whole body was shaking, and I just started crying when I happened.
47. I later got Sorted again, taking care to think through the answers and making sure to give my personal answers, and was placed in Ravenclaw.
48. I don’t care how ridiculous it is, but when I die, I genuinely want to get a replay (from an outsider’s point of view) of all my clumsy moments. I mean, come on, everyone else got to see it fully, why can’t I get the chance to truly sit back and laugh at myself?
49. My favorite candies are Swedish Fish, Dots, and Twizzlers. Also, if you can afford it, it is law to have Twizzlers when you go to the movie theater.
50. I am RIDICULOUSLY terrified of spiders. Please PLEASE for the love of God, don’t test me. Just trust me. I’ll share a story of just how pathetic I am, but please don’t try to create a new one.
51. I am so horrible when there’s drama. Like, I’ve legitimately made myself ill because I get so emotionally stressed by it. Sometimes even if part of the drama isn’t directly affecting me.
52. I was originally hired at McDonald’s as my first job taking orders in the drive-thru. However, I had to request to move to a position on front counter because I had (and still kinda have) such bad social anxiety that I had small panic attacks every morning before work.
53. I once found myself on Skype with a cat. Granted, it was my sister’s cause my then 5-year-old nephew left the room.
54. I’m allergic to fleas. But I make next to no effort to combat it cause it’s not worth the hassle.
55. I swear to God, all I need is for someone to start a business purely dedicated to the hourly rental of adorable kitten cuddles. Seriously.
56. I’ve hiked to the top of Stone Mountain and Kennesaw Mountain.
57. This applies primarily to music, but whenever I find a new bit of music or anything that I really like, I become kind of obsessed with it…and the obsessions never really end until I find a new one to overpower the last. And then, occasionally I’ll go on a nostalgia spree.
58. I have two Hermione Granger costumes and two Rose Tyler costumes just sitting in my closet, ready to be worn.
59. Pretty much everyone in my family has the following in common: blue eyes, being ever so slightly crazy/silly, and have an obsession with Twizzlers and root beer.
60. When it rains, sometimes I lie just to stand out in it or take a walk and listen to some relaxing music.
61. I am athletically challenged. Meaning I’m clumsy and am bad at just about anything remotely related athletic. I can’t hardly run, throw, catch, kick, etc. I can barely even master walking a good bit of the time. I’m the person who the bus driver became familiar with me simply because of how many times I tripped both down and up the three steps on the bus.
62. My parents and I once took my nephew Tra to Adventure Outdoors a couple years ago, and while we were there we kept passing by a film crew while tracking down all the guns Tra wanted to see. Turns out we were in a news spot on gun control that night.
63. I nearly got run over by a deer while walking up the driveway at my parent’s house one night.
64. Beth and I once laid down on her porch one afternoon and spent a couple hours just laughing hysterically just because we could watch the sky move…
65. I am a Mormon.
66. I have published a book. Granted, the story isn’t finished and only two copies exist, but it was the best birthday splurge for myself and graduation present idea for my niece, Heather, who wrote it with me.
67. I supposedly share my August 20th birthday with Demi Lovato, Amy Adams, Andrew Garfield, and Ben Barnes.
68. I am extraordinarily sensitive to spicy food. As in, someone tried to test me by hiding a single drop of hot sauce in six scrambled eggs without my knowledge, and yet I had to turn away my share because it was too spicy.
69. I have a daily vlog. Granted, I’m almost a year behind in editing due to computer crashes and busy times but I do it because I think that it helps me a bit with my awkwardness and also it’s nice having something to look back at. Sure, watching movies and stuff can cheer you up if you’re feeling down, but how much better is it when you can go back and look at your own life and remember things you’ve done and remind yourself of all of the great things and people you have around you?
70. Sometimes I go into laughing fits. For example, I once died of laughter on the living room floor for over a half hour all because of the word “REALLY?!” I call it hyperventilaughing.
71. I was bullied by my store manager for my social anxieties on my last day of work at McDonald’s.
72. I’d never dyed my hair before Spring Break 2014. I went to Florida to visit my family when I finally earned a vacation week at Kroger, then dyed my hair red the day after I got back. I kept it red for four and a half months.
73. I visited Whitewater for the first time ever on June 19, 2013, despite living only 15-20 minutes away for nearly ten years.
74. I got in the top 10 cashiers for Kroger three different times over the year and a half I worked there. Mind you, that’s out of 22 stores.
75. For a few months (around January-June 2014) my niece Aeon shared my room almost every night since my sister was already sharing her bed with my nephew Sagan to give her more space.
76. I moved out of the my parent’s house on June 7, 2014.
77. I tend to decorate my room with a lot of pictures of my friends and family, as well as photos and posters for a few of my favorite fandoms like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and Sherlock.
78. I bring reading materials with me whenever I go anywhere.
79. I had such a reputation for being quiet at school that when I commented on something someone from my US History class posted on Facebook my junior year, another classmate, who I’d shared classes with since 4th grade commented, “HOLY S*** AMY RICH SPOKE”.
80. I love writing and exchanging snail mail letters.
81. I am bad at writing in cursive. My signature is still stuck in 3rd grade…
82. I literally downloaded my handwriting from the internet.
83. Before Halloween weekend of 2011, I had ongoing issues with teeth growing in on top of each other. At school, my friends used to call the double set of bottom corner teeth I had my vampire teeth, despite the fact that they were more suited as shark teeth.
84. I’m not very good at coming up with usernames so I usually default to French Shark, a nickname given to me by members of my level one French class in 8th grade for being one of the best at the final review jeopardy game.
85. I hate needles. Even just getting my finger pricked at doctor appointments has usually required two nurses and my mother to hold me still.
86. While working at Moohan Martial Arts for the duration of the 2013-2014 school year, I took several taekwondo lessons. However, I was not very good at it. But I’ll be darned if I didn’t have the best back bridge out of everyone there.
87. I love word searches.
88. And jigsaw puzzles.
89. Because my birthday is so close to the cut off date for school, I’d always been one of—if not the—youngest in my grade. In fact, I was still 16 years old the first two weeks of my senior year.
90. I feel bad if I don’t answer messages sent to me as soon as I can. Like genuinely.
91. I keep my little France flag in my piggy bank that my friend Emmanuelle gave me as a hosting gift when she came to stay with us from France. So I say that my pig came from France and hopefully one day it’ll help me save enough money to bring me there.
92. My favorite Disney movie character when I was younger was Megara from Hercules.
93. My dream job when I was little was to be a teacher, but I later decided against it when I discovered how much I loved writing. (And also because the idea of actually being a teacher made me anxious because I can’t do presentations and the idea of talking with students’ parents—and the potential of some of them being people I knew—freaked me out…)
94. I so rarely go to the mall that I still get lost beyond the food court area. I didn’t even shop for anything for myself there until 2010 when I was looking for a prom dress.
95. I went to three proms: my church prom my junior year, and both my church and school proms my senior year. I never had a date to any of them.
96. I’ve only ever had one 40 hour work week so far.
97. I’m probably one of the only people in Atlanta that dislikes Coke.
98. I’m usually very good with actors’ names and recognizing them in different movies and shows.
99. I am left-handed.
100. I keep my old glasses. Cause if ever I can’t find my old glasses or they break or anything, I’m always glad to know I’ve got like five back up pairs.